A Detailed Analysis of Functions and Features of Electronic Key Cabinets
Looking to purchase a key cabinet? If so, then electronic key cabinets
are one of the options you need to look into due to a range of features they provide. So, let us explore few of the important details related to these key cabinets so that it becomes easier for you to make the purchase.
Features of Electronic Key Cabinets
Different Models to Choose from
You can choose from a range of options when it comes to the purchasing of a key cabinet and the models basically differ according to the total number of keys that need to be managed.
For instance, there are configurations that feature from16 and up to 192 security key rings in a key cabinet. In addition to it, there are several formats for you to choose from. Likewise, if it would be necessary to manage a lot of keys then it is possible to install as well as control all the cabinets simultaneously.
Availability of Different Features
Another good thing about these cabinets is that they have unique special characters for you to choose from such as:
• The facility which allows you to return a key to any predetermined slot or to a free slot.
• There are emergency keys that you can make use of for manually freeing up keys if any incident occurs (such as loos of keys).
An electronic key cabinet can have different configurations, let us go through the details here.
• It can work as a standalone device.
• The key cabinet can also offer network connectivity
Function Like a Standalone Device
When functioning as a standalone device, the key cabinet provides different functionality such as:
• Presence of touch screen to provide required interactivity.
• You can also program the key cabinet is a very intuitive as well as simple manner.
• It is also possible to visually monitor each and every event record.
• Another good feature of these cabinets is that they allow you to enter user privileges are per your necessity.
Provide Network Connectivity
Availability of network connectivity means you can fully manage multiple key cabinets together. Let us go through details of few of the other things you can do when you have network connectivity.
• Get real-time visualization of availability of all the keys even when you are in a distant place.
• Provide key access while you are sitting in admin desk at a remote place.
• You can also generate alarms if any kind of user error is noticed.
• It becomes possible to create custom reports on the basis of users, hours as well as the date of use of the key cabinet.
These electronically secured key cabinets find their use in different markets such as:
• Insurance companies as well as banks
• Local and central administrations
• Educational institutes like universities and schools
• Congress places, monuments, and museums
• Health facilities such as laboratories, hospitals, research centers and clinics
• Transportation industry comprising of metro stations, bus terminus, airports, train stations and ports
• Logistic as well as industrial sites
To conclude it can be said that key cabinets
are certainly useful and if want to manage several keys together then you should definitely buy a key cabinet.